* For those who care about such things, my undergraduate degree is from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and my Masters (MBA) is from the University of Chicago.
* I am a Certified Public Accountant in the state of Illinois.
* My work experience started with part-time high school and college jobs. I worked for eight years at a large community bank in commercial lending, doing credit analysis, auditing and extending business loans. I’ve worked the past 11 years at several private and public companies as a Financial Analyst and Finance Manager with emphasis in Financial Reporting and Financial Planning and Analysis. It can be dangerous to extrapolate too much from one’s own experiences onto the whole world, but my years in business have exposed me to corporate downsizing, HR processes, corporate drive to achieve profits, outsourcing, mergers & acquisitions, expansion decisions, and corporate relocations. Many journalists and commentators appear to lack such real world exposure.
* I am married with two sons.
* The views expressed on this Website/blog are mine alone and do not necessarily reflect the view of my employer.
If you were wondering… ‘econscius’ is derived from “economics” + Latin “conscius” [sharing knowledge with others].